Mind and Body are not separate. We perceive all our body sensations and conditions through our brain and our Mind is a group of abilities manifested by our brain. Our body sensation signals go through our nervous system reaching parts of our brain that control our emotions and emotional memories. The output of those centers go to the parts of our brain that manifest the perception of our body sensations including pain. Some of these outputs go to centres of the brain that contribute to our autonomic nervous system, hormonal and immune functions.
This process can start many Psychophysiologic disorders. The outputs from your perception feed into the formation of your thoughts. The final perception of our reality depends on all these inputs. Our brains become programmed based on the input coming from all these filters including our emotions and emotional memories. The sum of these inputs and the brain programming shape our perceived reality.
So, you can appreciate how relative our reality is!
Change the quality of your sensory input, deal with your emotional memories, manage your emotions, change your thought perspectives, change your perception and change your reality.
Continue making these changes and your brain’s programming will change affecting your Mental and Physical Health including your pain and the suffering from other chronic conditions.
Each step of these changes helps the other step of change:
- Improve your body sensations with exercising
- Deal with emotional memories through practice exercises mentioned before and therapy when needed
- Organise your thoughts through positive thinking, gratitude and other practices mentioned before
- Accept the impermanence and relativity of reality through mindfulness practices
- Keep rebuilding your Body and Mind. Build your MIND-BODY TEMPLE
The most important journey of your life is not going to any places, it is coming back to your true self.